Thursday, April 23, 2009

Portrait for Mother-in-law's 80th birthday

Those of you following my blog may remember that it is my mother-in-law's 80th birthday and I promised her a portrait of herself. Of course I promised this sometime in January and thought it easy enough to complete one in time for mid April. This was not to be. I did many portraits but was not satisfied. Finally, in a bit of a panic, I did one that I was pleased with. It has her in a characteristic pose. Unfortunately, the framers couldn't frame it in time. Well, it has finally been collected this week and here it is.

Due to the glass, there is some reflection that I could not get rid of, what a pity! But I think it is such a pleasure to draw older people. They have such interesting lines, creases and folds.

No comments:

Post a Comment