Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ocean pools

I originally took up life drawing to learn how to draw figures for a beach scene. Ocean pools are my favourite spots in the whole world and they evoke summer and a lovely cool dip in salty water. Anyway, I got diverted along the way but finally inspired by a few exhibitions where ocean pools and beaches were the subject. Started on a canvas of Wylie Bath in Coogee one of my favourite hang outs.


This is the background which is now ready for me to paint sun bathers in the foreground. I may have to rope in my family and friends to model for me! My daughter has obligingly posed as a diver and expects to see herself in a picture soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yookie!
    These are spectacular, you have given form grace and soul to these paintings. I love them all. I hadn't realised how much I miss the Coastal Walk in Sydney from Coogee to Bondi. The scene at the sand point at Wyles Baths is so evocative I want to be there NOW!
    Let me know if you want to sell any? I 'd love to have one.

    ReplyDelete