Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Portrait of my husband

I've made numerous attempts to draw my husband but he is frustratingly difficult to draw. He has the impression that he is less bald than he is and less jowly too. I chose only to return to this subject only because the Musee D'orsay impressionists are in Oz and a self portrait of Vincent Van Gogh was featured in posters everywhere. Vincent has a beard and my hubby has chosen to grow a goatee recently to make up for his lack of hair. As we all know, I'm no Vincent but an attempt in his style would be a learning experience.


Unfortunately Vincent had a full head of hair which lent interest where my subject lacked. It is a reasonable likeness of hubby although he is not as sombre in real life. Of course I was not aiming to capture his essential personality, rather just imitating a style.

No comments:

Post a Comment