Saturday, March 26, 2011

Foray into market stall

My daughter's school ran a fete yesterday in conjunction with the Election. She and her 7 year old friend decided to run a tattoo and face painting stall to raise funds so that they can shop at the fete. Obviously the parents had to get involved so here I was busy painting faces whilst Doreen and the girls applied tattoos. The men helped setting up and packing away.

I put up my little paintings for exposure which was fairly successful considering the type of crowd and the lack of space. Here is a picture of me at the fete.


Quite a few business cards went and I'm hopeful that people will look at my website. All publicity is good publicity, surely!

And for the curious, we made more money painting faces and busking than from art : but the girls learnt some valuable lessons about earning money and work ethics...