Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Exhibition 2012

 
Well folks, the exhibition opening for 2012 has come and gone.  I thought I'd share a few thoughts about exhibiting... or what I learnt over the last few weeks.
 
The last few days before the exhibition were nail biting.  Mainly because I made all this effort and what if the consensus is that nobody likes my art?  That I've wasted all my time and energy?  It felt very much like when I was at Architecture school adn the moment came when you presented your work to the tutors.  Would they love it?  Or hate it?  Scathing comments have changed careers!
 
Although exhibition 2010 was a smashing success, things could have changed.  In any case, I needn't have worried, it was a moderate success.  The wild wind detered the semi interested parties, and cafe invitees were not plentiful, but we had a reasonable turnout, see the following photo.
 
 
I'd like to thank all my friends who turned out and lent me the support.  Plus my wonderful husband who made the speech that everybody loved.  I know I'm lucky to have him beside me.  I can feel the love in the room and am encouraged to continue painting, drawing and sculpting.