Thursday, February 7, 2013

Back in the saddle

The lateness of my posts probably has not gone unnoticed. Apologies all round and rest assured I'm back in the saddle now. I started on this painting of a creek in Sister's Beach, far north west Tasmania a few weeks ago. Sisters beach is a lovely spot, surrounded by bush and rather prone to bush fires. Ocean swimming in the height of summer is still a cold affair. Indeed I thought I'd lost all circulation on my feet after 5 mins paddling!


The solution is to swim in the creek. The creek flows out to the beach and at low tide, the water is warm although tannin tinged so that one can't see the bottom. At high tide, all the cold cold sea water comes in and the water is clear but cold!


This painting was inspired by the creek and please note that it is a work in progress. I decided that the sky be pink which meant a rework of the entire colour scheme. It's a Paul McCarthy (ArtEst tutor) touch which I hope will succeed.