Monday, March 4, 2013

Print making with Jane Gascoigne

Jane Gascoigne, also an inner west artist held an exhibition at the Chrissie Cotter Gallery in Camperdown. Jane offered free print workshops for adults and older kids and I brought Miss 9 along with her little friend. Which sparked off my interest in print making.


We used a real leaf for this which was rolled a red and pressed against a Lino tile in green. Nice effect but not sure how reproducible it is.


This bird is a sgraffito attempt. Oil pastels are applied then painted over in black. A toothpick was used to scratch out a design which revealed the colour underneath. Jane also showed us how to print from a Lino cut but wisely provided a precut piece. I could just imagine the blood involved otherwise! Anyway this has sparked my imagination and I thought I'd attempt some Lino printing. Soon as I can get to an art shop....