Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sketch club at Art Est June 2009

I managed to get my friend Fiona to come to the sketch club at Art Est this month and we both left our respective spouses in charge of the children. It was very good to get away from it all! This month, our model was Jen who is about to return to Canada. She is slim and tall, her ankles and wrist look like they could break! She has a dancer's body, with strong muscles despite her slimness.

I wanted very much to produce some pastels this session and knowing how impossible it is to complete anything in the short time a typical pose lasts, I brought some A4 paper. These two were 10 min poses.

I took the opportunity to make a more complete drawing in the following 20 min poses.

This last one is rather difficult because the background wash was so dark. I had to erase the dark bits out rather than lay it on. A reversal of techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment