Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lifeguard at Wylies

On the weekends, the Coogee surf and life savings club actually mans Wylies. Life guards wear their characteristic red and yellow uniform and have a great job. Most of the time nobody gets into trouble, they get to sit in scenic locations and enjoy the view. The public gets the assurance that somebody is looking out for them and everybody is happy.


I spoke to this guard who is a Pom and told me that Coogee has changed greatly in the 10 years he has been in Sydney. It was more family oriented then but with the growing number of backpackers there is more drinking and anti social behaviour. I tend to agree. The beach is still lovely : you just don't want to live on it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meng, I hope you don't mind, but there is an award for you over at my blog - just to let you know I enjoy and appreciate your blog.

    ReplyDelete