Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sandstone cliffs again

I was not going to finish the sandstone painting I begun but one of our friends Jo said she really liked it and persuaded me to complete it. I think the houses I originally perched on clifftop were too much hard work. It is far easier to remove them but then where is the interest in the composition? This was a dilemma I pondered and finally decided to modify the cliff so that there is another in the back. I also added a grey threatening sky and here it is complete.



Unfortunately it cannot really be Sydney .... Well maybe Sydney around 150 years ago when we hadn't built our shores up like today. However it reminds me of the walks we Sydneysiders have the privilege to do along the coast. How beautiful is this city?

No comments:

Post a Comment