Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pastoral scene

Tim has gone this week to Adelaide for an art fest and there is consequently no lessons. Technically I am on break but was itching to paint another country scene. This one is a composite of various photos taken of the country around Harden.


The cows are our friends' but the background was of the paddock and hills on our way to Canberra. Grasslands is a dominant theme in this part of the world. I think that farmers are lucky that so much natural beauty surrounds them. Meantime Roger has completed his course on picture framing. I have so many things for him to frame that he won't know where to start. We have reached a point where the pictures are filling up all available wall space in our house. I think I shall rotate the art work as I go with older ones stored (where??)