Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rough seas

This week I chose another aspect of the ocean to attempt: rough sea with lots of movement and foam. Roger and I had been for a walk from Coogee to Clovelly and walked through the baths at North Coogee. I hadn't been there before and was amazed to see these brave or fool hardy souls diving in and swimming to the rocks. That is Roger on the left with his hat on.


There was another girl who was too terrified to join her friends. Wedding cake island is in the distance. Tim says that I'm doing the right thing by exploring one subject. However next week I will get into country landscape. What I'm amazed by is the speed that I've been painting. Every Tuesday I emerge with a painting after 4 hours effort. I often feel drained but exulted that I managed to get so far. When I'm home I tend to potter around, spend lots of time thinking about composition, stop often for breaks, etc. Rarely was I able to complete anything in a day! I believe that speed is probably good as if it is doomed to fail it would be evident after 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment