Saturday, May 1, 2010

Haystacks revisited

Many friends who have seen the haystack picture at Young have said how much they like it. I was encouraged to do a tryptich. Unfortunately as I embarked on the exercise sometime after the original was completed, I had to remix and match the colours. This was far harder than I had anticipated. First of all, this was best done in daylight as my studio light was not bright enough and was not the right colour. Finding free time in the day was pretty difficult with school holidays and long weekends and a school age child demanding attention.


The trytitch is a panaroma of the haystacks near Young, as observed from the roadside. The haystacks are machine made of course, and their placement in the landscape is really regular, neat and surreal.  The distant views includes some more paddocks, fields and mountains.  Now that it is complete and hanging on my wall, it looks pretty amazing because of its size (approximately 1.2m x 0.6m).  My husband wants to charge a lot for it, but possibly it just means he wants to keep it for himself!