Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Made Possible Exhibition Night

This exhibition cum Christmas party was held upstairs at Lisa's studio.  The Bakehouse is actually a warehouse where in a previous incarnation, bread was baked downstairs and wheat was stored upstairs.  There is a trap door on the floor to allow goods to be 'thrown?' down.  The venue is wonderful, very high ceilings and Scott, Lisa's husband did a great job in putting up the hanging system, under time pressure. 

On the very evening, it poured, which put a dampener on things.  However, those who came enjoyed themselves.  Several people expressed their interest in my gumnut ceramics.  I think it is one of those things that people either hate or love.  I also had some interest in my waterscapes, which was very nice.  It is lovely to be told to continue painting, that people love looking at my paintings.  I sold one of my little canvases.  Don't believe that many things were sold, so it was quite pleasing.

In any case, it was an enjoyable evening and if the weather was better, and the timing not so close to Christmas, we would enjoy better success.  Another show is scheduled for July, with the theme "Shady Ladies", where we have light fixtures and the like.