Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Miniature paintings

While its quite true that my social life is a blur, I must admit that the impending group exhibition for the Fri night girls art is spurring me to produce. I was also inspired by Judith Johnson's 9 inches by 5 inches panoramas when I went to her exhibition.


Small paintings are easy to find wall space for and are usually much more affordable. I did these two quite quickly. The first is a landscape of Peel where my artist friend Catherine has a property. The other is a vineyard in Milthorpe. I liked the way the rows of vines converged on the house, which was backed by huge trees.


There is much to do and so little time! But dear readers, the exhibition is at 54 Renwick St Marrickville on the 19 Dec between 6 and 8pm. All are welcome although Lisa requests no kids at that session.