Monday, March 9, 2009

Portrait of daughter

After some research on pastel colours for skin tones, I purchased two new colours - pink and a browny pink. Pastel portraits that I've done to date usually have olive skin tones which is more tinted towards the orange hue. However, my husband is very fair and so a closer representation would involve pinker hues. I asked my daughter to pose for a photograph which I used as the basis for this portrait. She has olive skin in real life but I was determined to try my new colour scheme! It looks like her, but not 100%. As I've said before, drawing children is difficult - any more lines on the face and they look much older. I hope this portrait doesn't suffer too much from this common error - she is 5 years old. I'd be interested to hear what people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment