Thursday, February 5, 2009

Drawings of my family

Over the last 4 months I have been drawing my family wherever the opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately, it is not so straight forward to draw my 5 year old daughter who does not stay still much. I've had to photograph her first before drawing.
Of course my spouse is not exempt. But as he seems to spend much of his time in front of the TV or sleeping, it is not as hard.
The other life drawing opportunity I get with my daughter is of course, when she is asleep as well, but funnily they sense you are looking at them and wake up to ask you what you are doing.
My mother-in-law, who turns 80 this year still looks terrific and is very sprightly. She said she would sit for a portrait, so I drew this as a study, intending to take her up on her offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment