Saturday, October 23, 2010

Burlesque live drawing at Double Bay

Received an invitation to attend a free burlesque live drawing session at the Double Bay Food and Art Festival, featuring the lovely Sarina del Feugo and effervescent Tim Gratton. My friend Sue also signed up and we went together.

Sarina was clad in corsetry, fishnet, long gloves and feathers. She looked remarkably saucy. Because we were late, we ended up at the side but that was actually good as interesting foreshortening results. Of course such poses are generally acknowledged as being a challenge to a novice but I like to think that I've moved on from a beginner. The angles from a sideview are also usually more interesting.




Sue told Tim, who was rushing around giving tips to all, about my success with painting water which Tim said "but I taught you how to!" Rightly so... He did!

We also spoke to a woman from Queensland who was entering a body painting contest. Curious to know who her 'canvas' is, we found out that it was her hubby. The poor man went through a full body wax (ouch!) so that he'd be a better canvas! I am sure my husband would never consent to do the same for me!!! I'm quite certain also that no nudity would be permitted at a public festival, so the bodies would have to at least leave their knickers on. She assured us that her dearest would wear proper knickers to hide his buns of steel....

These few frenetic artistic days have made me lose several items; misplaced my hat and thermos mug and probably lost several more things that I haven't discovered yet. Meantime I've been painting a scene inspired by a house in Kiama which is slowly coming along. I hope to post it up soon!